Certified NGS Services
Our customers appreciate the closed, confidential and secure IT infrastructure with ISO9001, Illumina CSPro and Agilent Service Provider certified sequencing pipeline. We are operating all NGS procedures according to strict quality control standards.
Our NGS activities are implemented in a number of research projects and translational activities. We own several patent applications, one of which was licensed by NGS market leaders.
Our NGS service list:
- Whole genome sequencing (WGS)
- Shallow WGS for CNV analysis
- Whole exome sequencing (WES)
- Targeted sequencing
- Strand-specific RNA sequencing (mRNA and ribo-depleted)
- Small RNA /microRNA sequencing
- ChIP-Seq (Chromatin Immuno Precipitation DNA-Sequencing)
- MeDIP-Seq (Methylated DNA Immuno Precipitation Sequencing)
- Immune repertoire sequencing
Focus on High Resolution Transcriptomics
Alacris Theranostics staff members are inventors of a strand-specific RNAseq protocol (Parkhomchuk et al. 2009, Sultan et al. 2012), used by market leaders in the NGS field. We were first to publish the benefits of RNAseq as compared to microarrays (Sultan et al. 2008). We know what matters.
Strand-specific high resolution transcriptomics provides an essential data layer for:
- Identifying cancer driving fusion genes
- Quantitative gene expression
- Validating variants indentified by WGS/WES
- Gene variant allele-specific expression
- Detecting long non-coding RNAs
- Identifying differentially spliced transcripts isoforms
- Identifying novel transcription units
- Analyzing eRNAs
- Analyzing eQTLs
- Identifying specific signatures and biomarkers
- Selection of the optimal cost-efficient sequencing strategy
- Assistance in experimental design
- Isolation of nucleic acids from different samples (cell cultures, frozen tissue, blood, FFPE, etc.)
- DNA and RNA quantification and quality control
- Standard and project-specific library preparation
- Protocols with built-in QC steps
- Quality check of libraries
NGSight & Oncovar: Integrated Genomic/Transcriptomic Analysis
Alacris Theranostics offers one of the most comprehensive NGS analysis pipelines available on the market today.
NGSightTM: we have developed a highly efficient analysis pipeline for NGS data that can be tailored to the needs of each project. The use of multiple mapping algorithms, project-specific data pre-processing, output filtering and data integration make NGSightTM a powerful and flexible analysis system for all NGS applications.
OncovarTM is the specialized NGSightTM analysis pipeline developed by cancer research experts at Alacris. OncovarTM extracts the most relevant information for the therapy decision process.
CMTA: Comprehensive Molecular Tumor Analysis
A unique personalized solution for cancer patients
Cancer is a complex and heterogeneous disease. Every tumor is unique and demands individual molecular analyses to comprehend its complexity. We offer a highly comprehensive integrated NGS genomic and transcriptomic analysis of tumors that fulfils the highest demands for quality. CMTA is one of the most comprehensive precision medicine product(s) on the oncology market today.
The strength of the CMTA is the use of quantitative high-resolution transcriptome data, enhancing the quality and value of the molecular profiling.
Based on our unique OncovarTM pipeline specially developed for NGS-based molecular oncology, the CMTA provides a personalized approach to cancer management and beyond, delivering an ultra-deep, fully annotated, analysis of the patient’s tumor and reference genome beyond the state of the art.
Alacris has established and developed methodologies for complex (omics-driven) biomarker identification that allows (i) the selection of patients or adequate biomarker sets to stratify patients for targeted clinical trials and (ii) biomarker identification as companion diagnostics for personalized oncology. We carry out statistical analyses of genome and other omics-data for the identification of predictive and prognostic biomarkers. The methods we apply for the identification of biomarkers range from basic statistical tests (e.g. Mann-Whitney-U-test) to more sophisticated classification algorithms (e.g. logistic regression, support vector machines, random forests). We successfully applied our biomarker analysis expertise in the framework of the IMI Oncotrack project, leading to novel predictive signatures of cetuximab and 5-FU response in colon cancer (Schuette et al. 2017).
In clinical trial scenarios, the patients that are most likely to benefit from a particular drug/drug combination can be selected based on biomarkers identified, for inclusion in smaller and less expensive clinical trials.